Monday, April 9, 2012

Albuquerquewas a great success for Dance Force 1

Allyson place 1st in her Solo
Leyla and Sarah

























Albuquerquewas a great success for Dance Force 1. Shining Star team, the team Leyla’s on, took first place, sound place, third place, and fourth place overall.  They ROCKED that house!  The Lyrical dance “Somebody” took first, the Jazz dance “Party Girls”took second, and the other Lyrical dance “Warrior Is a Child” took third place.  My money is on “Party Girl”taking in all the way this year!!  Each competition is different so you never know what the judges will be looking for and how the dances may place in any given competition.  They may sweep the competition, like in Albuquerque, and may not even place at all in the next competition. The dance “Party Girl” took 2nd overall in Phoenix out of 22 dances and 2nd in Albuquerque.  I just got a really good feeling about this dance!!


"Somebody" Place 1st overall
"Party Girl" Place 2nd overall


                                                                             
"Warrior Is a Child" Place 3rd overall
 (this photo taken by ShowStopper)




 Competition can be very stressful and I have to say that every competition is a new learning experience for me.  I’ve had to learn so much in a short amount time.  I hope that Leyla and I can come to a better understanding of each other and learn to leave the stress at home and not bring it into the dressing room. The biggest challenges are the back to back dances with very little time to change costumes in between each routine.  Changing tights on a warm sweaty body on a child with big feet without tearing them is beyond frustrating.  The more you panic the worse it becomes.  I never remember feeling so stressed during a competition when I was a kid.  I think it’s harder on the parents.  I know that, for me, the main stressor is that I just do not want to let Leyla down.  It is times like this when I hope Leyla knows how much I love her and how proud I am of her.  As a mom of an 11 year old it can be tough since while I know that deep down she recognizes all that I do for her, on the surface it does not usually show up as often as I would like.  I always end of thinking of what my mom went through with me and I gain a new appreciation for her.  Hopefully I won’t have to wait until Leyla is a dance mom…

Winter-Dance Force 1 2012  Regionals Junior Group

The most rewarding moment for me was watching all the girls dance on stage.  These kids are amazing and are way better than I ever was. I’m sure my mom would argue that! =)  There were times during the competition where I had chills and was frozen in my seat. The love of dance came through in their body movements and expressions of some of the dancers. I don’t think it would be possible for me to ever get tired of watching these kids dance!!!  Amazing! This time in their lives will shape them into who they will become as adults.  You can’t put dollar value to that .  All I can do is hope that the influences of their dance teammates, the hard work to learn the dances and prepare for the competitions, the experience of the competitions, and the knowledge that their moms will always be there for them will be enough to ensure that they become the best young women they can be. 

Jennie

The girls had last week off from dance for spring break.  We got to have great family time.=)   We baked cupcakes, caught up on TV,  read , shopped,  but most importantly we were able to just have time together; it was very good for all of us.  Today, Monday, the girls are back at the dance studio getting ready for this week’s competition/workshop in Phoenix.   It called LA Dance Magic http://www.ladancemagic.com/.  Each dance studio can only enter a maximum of 25 routines in the competition.  Leyla will be performing in four team dances.   This is the first dance workshop for Leyla and me and will be a full two days of dance plus a competition.  The first day is a workshop where Leyla and team will be learning dances from several different choreographers from 7:30 am until 3pm followed by a dance competition.  It’s a long day for the kids and the competition does not end until around 9 or 10pm.  The 2nd day will be auditions for a scholarship to the summer dance workshops.  This will be a great experience for Leyla. Stay tuned for updates and the results! 






 
Tucson photography
Tucson photographers
Tucson weddings



No comments:

Post a Comment